1. Payment for all items purchased on the night of the auction must be made that evening. Pre-registering payment information will help to speed the checkout process. Visa, MasterCard, American Express or personal checks may be used to make payment. Pre-registration begins, along with Check-In, at 5:30 pm. All checks for items purchased shall be made payable to the Merola Opera Program.
2. Unless exempted by law from payment thereof, and in possession of proper documentation, the purchaser will be required to pay California State and local retail sales tax at the rate applicable on the date of the purchase. The Merola Opera Program will make the sales tax payment to the California Franchise Tax Board.
3. Sales are final with no exchanges or refunds.
4. Successful bidders will receive claim forms during dinner. All items except Signature Events must be claimed the night of the auction unless otherwise noted in the catalog. Any arrangements and expense for delivery are the sole responsibility of the purchaser, unless otherwise indicated in this catalog. Gift certificates and tickets that have not been picked up will be mailed within 14 days of the close of the auction, if payment is made the night of the auction.
6. All gift certificates not claimed the night of the auction will be mailed within two weeks of receipt of payment. The office must be notified within four weeks of payment of any lost gift certificates. The office will make every reasonable effort to replace lost gift certificates within this time frame, but does not take responsibility for items once they have left the care of the MOP office.
7. Payments are tax deductible only as allowed by law. IRS Revenue Ruling #67-246 reminds buyers that no deduction for an auction purchase price is allowed except to the extent that the taxpayer can show that payment exceeded the fair market value (as listed in this catalog or on the successful bidder’s receipt) of an item received or service rendered.